Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Game Design (Spectrum Blade) Week 7

This week I fixed up the animations on my dummy main character and worked on getting my character to face the right way. I found that it was in the maya file itself that was the cause of the problem. I had to change the direction the character was facing to -90 to fix the problem. It also worked once I re did the animations, and re-exported the character. I also had am getting the huts to look more hut like, the ones I had before were just tubes. They are now bulged out at the bottom and have variety, one of the 3D students fixed it for me. The designing of 3D assets seems to be going well, I'll be importing more of them soon and appreciate the help from the 3D students. I figured out how to get dialouge working, I have one dummy dialouge so far. I got help from a Game Design student from last year. I found sound effects for my game and am going to use some music that I designed before.

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Game Design (Spectrum Blade) Week 6

I added more variety to the village in height and added an instructions screen and button. I've been having troubles getting the GUI screens to centre in the middle, can't seem to figure out why yet. My main focus this week was to try to make a run animation for the character and get it to face the right direction. I was unsuccessful with getting the character to face the right direction, when I replaced it it got rid of it all together and when I imported the same one that was fixed the animations didn't work. I'm fairly certain that I will have to re-animate and export the character. I tried to get my character dialouge script working but was unseccesful, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Game Design (Spectrum Blade) Week 5

I worked on making the dummy animation for my main character this week. I did all the animation and made him out of basic shapes like my fire enemy. For some reason when I imported my character into unity, hes facing sideways when I go into game mode, at least I got the animations working for now. I used some tutorials to help get my character working in unity, seems to work so far. I also fleshed out my story a bit more and reworked the artwork for my title screen and game over screen. My terrain wasn't interesting enough so I varied the terrain a bit to make it more interesting.

Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Game Design (Spectrum Blade) Week 4

The 3D assets are going fine, already got some platforms and environment assets and they look good. This week I designed my GUI and scripted it into my game. I plan on changing it later when the 3D model of my main character is done, but for now I got a digital GUI. I've also been experimenting with photoshop to create some title screena and game over screens. I have some designed with an eclipse and earth and designs.